Wednesday 16 April 2014

Bryn Estyn (Section Eighteen)

16 Febuary 2000
I'd been doing Peter's portrait, finally making a start
Drawing all the detail, in a photo state of art
I recieved a telephone call, from my darling mother
"Have you heard the news?" She asked, "It's about your brother
Go and buy a newspaper, Daily Mirror or Daily Mail
It's about Bryn Estyn; it's like the weather as a gale
It tells of all the horrors, with childrens abuse
And tells why Peter died, and chose to use a noose"
I finished what I was doing, all things made a drop
And hurried down the High Street, to a paper shop
'650' was boldly written, on the heading page
That's how many were abused, roughly as a gauge
Perverts run the children's home, where the kids did dwell
Sexually abusing them, making lives a living hell
An investigation started, coz Peter made a complaint
With another who'd been abused, and both became a saint
Both went to the police, and started the interviews
When the story surfaced, it was highlighted on the news
I started to read the Mirror, to find out all the fact
And read a certain paragraph, of someone Peter attacked
He'd spotted him in a pub, then he went straight home
And got a Samurai sword, whilst he was on his own
He broke the sword in half, and put it in his jacket
Returning back to the pub, to make an awful racket
As I read the interview, I instantly realized
Why Peter had attacked him, which was no surprise
The abuser was abused, which he freely admitted
But was never punished, or even ever committed
Peter then got punished, and of which got sent to jail
Given a 6 month sentence, sending him off the rail
Peter had struck his face, three times with the sword
Slashing open the abusers nose, with the anger stored
Bryn Estyn got shut down, when the news had shaken
16 then committed suicide, if I'm not mistaken
With soon getting the answers, of Peter's suicide
I wished he hadn't done it, and hadn't bloody died
I read the Daily Mail next, reading pages of a few
And saw Peter's picture, not just one but two
There was a story written, why he was in care
With some slight confusion, coz the reporter wasn't there
I won't give all the reasons; but he broke my mother's heart
Making her so very ill, with the things he used to start
He'd been given two options, I remember much of them
One was to change his ways, and to be good again
He chose the other option, which of course was care
It was his own undoing, and why that he was there
He'd been a little tear-away, always in a fight
I always blame the divorce, which had caused the plight
Another thing the story said, he was missing his head-stone
Where he was laid to rest, buried on his own
I had wanted to choose it, but was locked away
And several years has passed, before that I could lay
He'll never be forgotten, although he is deceased
So my darling Peter, my brother Rest In Peace

(9th November 1967 - 6th January 1994)

By Stephen Wynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment